Citavi is the only all-in-one referencing and note-taking solution, designed for individuals and teams. Focus on what counts, and power up your research. Work efficiently, securely, and write with style.
The ONLY all-in-one writing and referencing solution
Citavi is the only reference management program for teams that gives you the option of storing your information on your own server instead of in the cloud. Individuals can also choose between local and online projects. Citavi automatically creates backups, so you never lose your information.
What do Citavi users think?
“Citavi doesn’t just help me write my research papers, it also helps me structure my ideas and thoughts during the preparation phase.”
- Make managing sources easy
- Streamline your writing
- Enjoy effortless collaboration
Designed for individuals and teams
Focus on what counts and power up your research with Citavi.
Whether you just need a quick bibliography, you’re searching a team library of 20,000 sources, or you want to keep track of notes, Citavi’s tools help you work faster and more effectively.
See the big picture
Big projects with tons of sources can feel overwhelming. Break your work down into tasks, keep track of important information from your articles, and sift through your sources to find the ones you really need – alone or in a team.
Data security made easy
Citavi is the only reference management program for teams that gives you the option of storing your information on your own server instead of in the cloud. Individuals can also choose between local and online projects. Citavi automatically creates backups so you never lose your information.
Write with style
Say goodbye to wasted time formatting citations and bibliographies. Citavi offers over 10,000 citation styles: APA, Chicago, MLA, Turabian, etc., etc. Need one that’s not there? You can create it yourself or ask us.
Apply for a Citavi Trial Licence
Apply for a Citavi trial licence and experience what makes this software so effective for your research.
Email us at email@example.com to apply for a trial licence.
Watch the Quick Tour video to see Citavi’s power and flexibility in action.
Online checkout coming soon. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to order your Citavi license.
Browser-based for individuals and small teams.
Installed software for individuals and small teams.
Data-secure server installation for organizations.
Importing with Citavi
Do you already have a lot of sources or were working with another referencing tool?
It’s easy to add PDFs, documents, books, and reference libraries you already have to Citavi, whatever the format! For many types of sources, Citavi can automatically add the citation information. Citavi also helps you find additional sources online or in the program.
- Drag PDFs to your project or import one or multiple folders at once. Citavi automatically adds the citation information.
- With Citavi’s import filters, you can add sources from any other reference management program.
- Citavi imports references in RIS, BibTeX, and ENW formats, Excel tables, Word bibliographies, etc.
- For books, just enter an ISBN number or other identifier, and Citavi retrieves its information, along with the cover art, abstract, and keywords, if available.
- Office documents and image files can also be managed with Citavi.
Capture online information
- Surf and save: whenever you find a book, article, or webpage online, use the Picker extension for Chrome, Firefox, and Edge to quickly send its information and any available full text to Citavi.
- The Picker identifies ISBNs and DOIs on webpages and sends the reference information to your project.
- The Picker can also send webpages and full-text PDFs to Citavi.
- On news sites the Picker pulls metadata from the page and automatically creates a PDF of the article.
- Web content changes frequently. Citavi lets you save a copy of a webpage as a PDF in your project.
Search online databases in Citavi or in your browser
Search freely accessible databases, library catalogs, and research databases your organization has licensed – without leaving Citavi.
- Save search queries you use often and avoid importing duplicates.
- Add references from Google Scholar, PubMed, and every other online research database with an export option.
- Citavi saves a list of your imports. You can always check where, when, and with what search terms you performed a search and view the references you added.
Organise in Citavi
Citavi is the only referencing tool that puts knowledge management front and center. Choose from many different tools to organize you and your team’s information and insights (and references!) in the way you want.
- Citavi offers you an extraordinary knowledge tool unique among referencing programs: a flexible, multi-level category system. With Citavi’s categories you can create as many subcategories and levels of subcategories as you want.
- Add references, quotations, images, statistics, summaries, comments, and insights to your category system , which you can later use in Word [LINK] and Google Docs.
- Use categories to create an outline for a future paper, report, or thesis. Or use them to organize your company’s library by topic or workgroup.
Keywords and groups
- Tag references, quotations, images, summaries, comments and ideas with keywords
- As an additional organizational tool, use groups to further classify your references or track what you’ve done with them. For example, group references that are primary and secondary sources or use groups to document which sources you’ve read and which you haven’t.
- Groups can also be used for sub-sections of your bibliography
Labels and filters
- Create temporary selections using labels and Citavi’s built-in filters (by category, group, year, periodical, publisher, etc.).
- Combine and invert filters.
- Define and save filters for complex search queries and share them with your team.
Stay organized in Word
- Export your Citavi categories to Word as an outline for your writing project or use the categories to stay focused on your team’s topics.
- View your references, quotes, images, comments, and ideas by the categories you defined in Citavi to quickly find and use what you need. Just click to insert the references, quotes, images, comments, and ideas you need for each section.
- Citavi takes care of citation and bibliography formatting. Writing was never this easy!
Read and evaluate texts your way. Citavi fits all reading styles: you can minutely analyze and comment on the text – or quickly highlight the most important sections. Working in a team? Easily share your insights with your colleagues.
Analyse in Citavi
- Read PDFs and highlight important sections. You can later revisit the text and transform highlights for additional work in Citavi.
- Write up detailed evaluations for your references or quickly rate them with stars.
- Save information and ideas while you read: copy quotations, summaries, thoughts, comments and image quotations.
- If you’re using Citavi for a paper or a report, assign them to the chapters, sections and subsections in your outline.
- All items automatically include their source information. Citavi protects you from unintentional plagiarism.
- Citavi’s hierarchical category system is perfect for organizing your quotations, images, summaries, comments, thoughts, and ideas into sections for later use in a document.
See the big picture
- Export all knowledge items as a compilation – with their categories and including a bibliography. This gives you a good overview of how far along you are in your project.
- Compilations can also be used as a handout in team meetings or for discussions.
Accelerating Academic Writing with Citavi
Citavi in a Nutshell
Research & Write with Citavi
See how Citavi can benefit your research
Email us today at email@example.com to apply for a trial licence.
Citavi is fully compatible with all the latest Microsoft Windows operating systems, including Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP and 2000 operating systems.
Contact us at Info@timberlake.ae if you would like to access a free trial of Citavi.